Income tax return online | efiling of income tax return | How to file income tax online easily
Looking for income tax return online? you are at right place!, here you will learn Income tax return online | efiling of income tax return | How to file income tax online easily.
Steps to file Income tax return online
- Visit, www.incometaxindiaefilling.gov.in, and register yourself with your Permanent Account Number (PAN). This will also be your user ID. Once you register, locate the download menu option, click on the link e-filling AY 2012-13 and download the ITR-1’s (Sahaj) return preparation software if u are a salaried person, own property, earn interest income or are a pensioner.
- Then by using details given in your Form 16, fill them out in the income tax return Preparation Software you downloaded from previous step.
- Now you can use /calculate your tax payable by using the “Calculate Tax” tab there; after paying your tax and entering the challan details in the tax return form. Now click on the validate icon to confirm your details entered.
- Next is to create an XML file, which will be automatically saved on your computer.
- Choose the “Submit Return” tab there and upload the XML file after choosing the “AY 2012-2013” and the relevant form.
- If you have any “digital signature” (DS), then it’s time to use it. There you will be asked if you wish to verify or sign the file(read it carefully). Choose either ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.
- Then you will get a message stating that the process has been completed and you have successfully filed your income tax return online.
- Now an (ITR-V) ITR verification will come and now you can download it from there, the form is also mailed to you on your registered email ID, check your email to get the form.
- Now remember to print your ITR-V form, (and save a copy) remember to sign it in blue ink, and mail it to the Income Tax Department-CPC, Post Bag No-1, Electronic City Post Office, Bangalore — 560100, Karnataka within a time duration of 120 days of uploading your e-return. Note that no documents from couriers will be accepted there.
- The I-T (Income Tax) department will send you an email acknowledging/stating that they have received your ITR-V form submitted online. Incase, you do not receive the mail from the I-T department, you can resend your form.
Enter your email and subscribe for updates on online income tax return form filing. Feel free to ask any queries below.We are happy to answer your queries.